Please help us to help others
Do you have some time to spare? Do you like meeting people and helping others?
Volunteering is very satisfying; it gives you the opportunity to support your community and meet new people. Volunteers are such an important part our service and we would love to welcome you to our team. You can visit our office or call us for an information package and interview. We provide the training you need and uniform too.
We are looking for volunteer bus drivers, car drivers, assistants and administrative helpers…
- Our volunteers assist people who are frail aged or have a disability, their carers, and people who are transport disadvantaged, with their transport needs.
- Volunteering gives you the opportunity to support your community while meeting new people and socialising with other volunteers throughout the Weddin Shire.
- Volunteers are given free training, ID badge and uniform, and are reimbursed for out of pocket expenses.
- You will be required to undergo a Police Check and Working With Children check. Drivers are required to undergo a health assessment and provide us with their driving record. Costs required to obtain these items will be reimbursed to you by the Service.
- Bus Driver – minimum requirement is Class LR licence.
- Car/Van Driver – minimum requirement is Class C licence.
- Bus Assistants – this position supports the bus driver and provides assistance to the Customers during the provision of transport services.
- Office Assistants – this position supports our administration team members with general office duties such as filing, mail outs and other projects.
You won’t find an application form on our website, because we’d like to meet you. Please visit us at our Grenfell office, or call us to discuss the type of volunteering that interests you, and we’ll arrange an informal meeting.
You can help us to help others.